The Division is headed by Dr. Nayan KANWAL who is also the Chief Executive Editor for UPM journals. In a decision made at the 24th JKPen meeting held on 18 January 2013, it was decided to have all the officially recognised faculty-based journals encompassed under the Pertanika banner.
The Journal Division has been given the task to monitor, facilitate and provide assistance where necessary to all the university academic journals.
The streamlining and reorganization at UPM Press administered by the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (R&I) is aimed at enhancing and further boosting the image of all university journals which is in line with the University's goal to continuously maintain and persistently improve the quality of publications.
Roles and Responsibilities of Journal Division:
List of Academic Journals
- to monitor, facilitate and assist the journals in areas that require support in terms of expert advice in carrying forward the journals as UPM's reputable journals of academic excellence.
- to assist, facilitate and support the Editor-in-Chief of all the journals managed by the faculties or research institutes in further promoting the journal.
- to continuously maintain and persistently improve the quality of UPM's journal(s).
- UPM currently publishes 8 scientific research journals under Pertanika's banner:
- Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science (JTAS) - ISSN 1511-3701 (print), 2231-8542 (electronic).
- Journal of Science & Technology (JST) - ISSN 0128-7680 (print), 2231-8526 (electronic).
- Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities (JSSH) - ISSN 0128-7702 (print), 2231-8534 (electronic).
- International Food Research Journal (IFRJ) - ISSN 1985-4668 (print), 2231-7546 (electronic).
- Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences (MJMS) - ISSN 1823-8343 (print).
- Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences (MJMHS) - ISSN 1675-8544 (print).
- The International Journal of Economics and Management (IJEM) - ISSN 1823-836X (print).
- Alam Cipta International Journal of Sustainable Tropical Design Research and Practice - ISSN 1823-7231 (print).
- Other Journal(s) currently hosted by UPM:
- Asian Fisheries Science Journal (ASJ) - ISSN 0116-6514 (print).
To find out more about the ABOVE JOURNALS, click here.